Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes.

Thursday evening in Oklahomegrownvegland saw pleasant temperatures around 72F (22C).
By Saturday morning things have changed...........................

.....its now 24F (-4C) and light snow is falling.
The happy gardener had planned on erecting the new TV antenna today.
Obviously, this chore has now been postponed. Despite the cold............................

.....the Winter Onions and Garlic cheerfully grow on.

What's this?
These look suspiciously like Wild Onions to me. They grow in abundance down by the creek but these are right up by the front of the house. I don't mind them, they smell delightful when I run over them with the mower. It's too cold to hang around doing a full diagnosis, I'll keep an eye on them and see.
The Tulips are up but no sign of any flowers yet.

Perhaps they are waiting for it to warm up a little?
Not so the Daffodils......

.......though they do look to be wishing they were back underground.
The Kohlrabi seedlings are nice and snug under the lamp in the growing room.


I re potted them last weekend and will be giving them their first feed of half strength Fish Emulsion fertilizer tomorrow.
And finally, I have.......................

.....my first 2 tiny Catnip seedlings through.
It's now early evening and the light snow is still falling.
Time to light the fire, close the curtains and prepare dinner.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Familiar sight for me with the snow although I have no snow on the ground currently. It has turned bitterly cold the last couple days, I hope it does stay long.

All the veggies are looking good! I am growing kholrabi for the first time this year, looks like a tasty vegetable.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog. I read it most of the season last year, although this is the first I've commented.

Good luck with this year's garden. Looks like a good start with your seedlings. -GL